Earthquake in my home today!

. Tuesday, July 29, 2008
  • Agregar a Technorati
  • Agregar a Del.icio.us
  • Agregar a DiggIt!
  • Agregar a Yahoo!
  • Agregar a Google
  • Agregar a Meneame
  • Agregar a Furl
  • Agregar a Reddit
  • Agregar a Magnolia
  • Agregar a Blinklist
  • Agregar a Blogmarks

I live 10 minutes from Chino Hills and that was the Epicenter.
I moved to California 2 1/2 years ago from Alberta Canada and this was my first quake. I live in La Puente California and I am very scared right now.

I was on my bed with my laptop and my bed started moving, I thought something from outside hit my walls and then things started to fall off my dressers, I have a flat screen that seemed to want to fall off the stand. The scariest part was when the fan from the ceiling began to move back and forth.
I tried to stand up to run outside and I could not move off the bed because of the rolling feeling. It was like I was on a ship that just hit some huge massive waves. I don't know how people were able to run. I couldn't move, and I felt, had I moved or stood up I would have went right through the wall.


I'm okay now my husband was driving from the store so he didn't feel it. I'm cleaning up some of the items that flew off my dresser. We are all safe now, but the news mentioned we are not out of the clear for 24 hours.

I was very scared and without my husband there I felt like crying, not knowing what was happening since I am from Canada.

Thank God we are safe.

If anything else happens I will keep you informed.

So it was a 5.4 and hit Southern California.

3 comments:

kystorms said...

hey, glad to hear you are okay, I was in San Fransisco for the 89 quake. I was scared too, as that was my first MAJOR Quake.

You will be fine, the smaller shocks will come but just remember to stay away from the windows and wear foot covering and you will be fine!

Reese said...

So glad you are okay. One of the benefits of living on the East Coast is that we don't have to deal with Earthquakes very often!

Mya said...

Thank you,
My brother who lives in Canada, who never felt an earthquake in his life, said I had better get crawling to that door!!

Hehehe, I will do that the next time, that's for sure.